Over 150 photographs in two categories, Youth (ages 13-17) and Adult (age 18+) were submitted for the 3nd annual Glimpses of Greece photography contest and the winners have been announced. First and Second place winners were chosen by our judges, photographers Jim Montanus, Robert Bilsky and Dick Bennett. Greece Town Supervisor, Bill Reilich, selected the “Supervisors Favorite”, and an online poll determined the “People’s Choice” awards.
First Place (Adult): Thomas O'Brien for “Lightning Over Lake Ontario”
First Place (Youth): Loren Muscato for “Sunny Day at Whistler's Cove”
Second Place (Adult): Joe Morgante for “Basil Marella Park”
Second Place (Youth): Timothy Keenan for “Fireworks at the Library”
Supervisor's Choice (Adult): Douglas Worboys for “Greece 4th of July Celebration”
Supervisor's Choice (Youth): ): Timothy Keenan for “Flower Power"
People’s Choice (Adult): Nikhil Nagene for “Tranquility”
People’s Choice (Youth): Loren Muscato for “Sunny Day at Whistler's Cove”
Winning photographs will be unveiled to the public at an Exhibit Opening reception on Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 7 pm in the Welsh Room of the Greece Public Library and will remain on display at the library through December 31, 2017. The winning photos as well as eight honorable mention winners will appear in the 2018 Glimpses of Greece calendar. A limited amount of calendars will be available at the library in November.
Honorable Mention Winners:
1. Dave Valvo for "Greece Canal Ponds"
2. Bill Sauers for "Town Hall Sunset"
3. Ali Cacia for "Jolly Holiday"
4. Nikhil Nagane for "Learning the Ropes at a Young Age"
5. Joe Morgante for "Braddock's Bay Raptor Outlook"
6. Sherrill Barlo for "Dusk at Buck Pond"
7. Richard Healey for "Our Mother of Sorrows Cemetary"
8. Kimberly Benedetto for "Beach at the end of the Owl Woods Trail"