Read the States & Reading Across the States encourages readers of all ages to read one book that takes place in each state. These programs are offered for children in grades K-5, teens, and adults. Reading lists will be available, or choose your own titles! Prizes and incentives will be offered along the way for reaching certain milestones.
Read the States K-5 is open to children in Grades K through 5.
Here's how it works:
- Commit to reading 10 books for each state for a total of 500 books.
- For each state, at least three of the 10 books must be about the state, takes place in the state or is written by an author from that state. The book may be fiction, non-fiction, chapter book, picture book, etc.
- There is no end to the program. Once the child is registered, the goal is to finish by 5th grade.
- Prizes will be awarded as a child reaches 10 states, 25 states and 50 states.
- For a booklist of suggested titles, click here
Read Across the States is open to adults and teens. Here's how it works:
- Commit to reading one book for each state for a total of 50 books.
- The books may be fiction or non-fiction and may be read in any format (CD, eBook, etc.)
- There is no end date for the program. Once registered, the goal is to finish all 50 states.
- Prizes will be awarded as the reader reaches 10 states, 25 states and 50 states.
- For a booklist of suggested titles, click here.
There is no deadline to complete these programs and sign-ups can be done at any time. For more information or to register you can click on the buttons below, contact the library at 225-8951, or visit during library hours.
For more information about Read the States for K-5 and Read Across the States for Teens & Adults please log in below, or contact the library at 225-8951.