Summer Reading 2020 @ The Greece Public Library
This year our summer reading program is online and in the community - here are the details!
What: Our annual summer reading program!
When: Monday, June 29 through Friday, August 7. There is no deadline to sign up, and you can join anytime during the 6 week program.
Who: Readers of all ages! We have programs and prizes for babies (0-2), children (3-8), tweens (9-12), teens (13-18), and adults (19+)
How: Starting June 29, you can begin to log your reading. Log in using the blue button below, or download and print a reading log here. There will be prize drawings for participants in each age group at the conclusion of the program.
Babies can participate too! Register your baby online or in person. Pick up a game board at the library, or download and print the board here. A completed board will earn a board book for baby to keep.
New This Year - Weekly Challenges:
Try these challenges and post on social media using the #GPLSummer. You may also email photos to us at email@example.com.
- Week 1 (June 29): Take a Walk - Check out the Story Walk on the Town of Greece Campus or visit a park.
- Week 2 (July 6): Book Quote Rocks - Find a rock and paint your favorite book quote on it. Then take a picture of it and share with #GPLSummer
- Week 3 (July 13): Greece Central School District Challenge, What About Reading Grows You? - Take a picture reading in nature/gardens. Use #GCSDGrowsReaders for this challenge on social media.
- Week 4 (Monday, July 20): Chalk Art - Get creative and show us your chalk art.
- Week 5 (July 27): Recreate a Book Cover - Act out your favorite book cover with props or recreate the cover in your own way.
- Week 6 (August 3): Readbot Scavenger Hunt - Readbot's popping up all around the community. Review the challenges and search for him with these clues