Who Are the Friends?
The Friends of the Greece Public Library is a volunteer organization that supports library programs for all ages and assists the library with special projects and purchases. An annual meeting is held each October for all members. The Board meets monthly and committees meet as needed.
Click here for application to join the Friends of the Greece Public Library.
Currently the Friends...
- Operate Secondhand Prose, a used book store within the Greece Public Library
- Sponsor educational programs for children and adults
- Publish a newsletter for our members
- Hold book sales
- Host an open monthly book discussion group
- Promote library services to the public
The Friends Would Also Like To...
- Increase public awareness of the scope of the library
- Encourage endowments and gifts for the library
Friends of the GPL Executive Committee
President: Mary Jo Whalen
Vice President: Pat Tompkins
Secretary: Linda Parnell
Treasurer: Elaine Andrews
Membership: Terri Littlefield
Volunteers: Pat Roper
Book Store: Shirley Haas
Publicity: Rosemary Roth
Book Sale Chair: Pat Beiter
Book Donation Guidelines
Thank you for helping the "Friends" by limiting your donations at the library to two bags or two small boxes at a time. Our volunteers are unable to lift heavier boxes.
Please bring larger donations to Buckman's Plaza, lower level #13 on the first and third Saturday of each month between 10 am and noon. Appointments are available by calling (585) 720-3202 or stopping in the Secondhand Prose bookstore if these drop-off times are not convenient. Thank you.
Book Store Hours
Monday - Thursday: 9 am-8 pm
Friday: 9 am-4 pm
Saturday: 9 am-4 pm
Sunday: 12 pm-3 pm (closed May-Sept)