How Do I Get a Library Card?
You can apply for an eCard here or you can sign up for a card at the library. Be sure to bring ID with you that has your current address.
Can I Get a Card if I Live Outside of Monroe County?
You can register for an Out-of-County Card. There is a $25 annual fee.
Does My Library Card Expire?Your registration will expire yearly and will be updated automatically if your card is current. You will receive an email notification and will be asked to verify your information and present ID upon visiting the library.
How Do I Log in to My Library Account?
To log in to your account, click here and type in your library card number.
How Can I Renew an Item?
As long as your library account is in good standing, you can renew most library items twice. Renewals can be done in person, online, or by calling the library at (585) 225-8951.
Why Won't My Item Renew?
Here are some common reasons why a library item cannot be renewed:
- The item is a material type that cannot be renewed
- The item is on hold for another borrower
- The item to be renewed is a “lost” item (42 days or more overdue)
- Your account is delinquent (owe $20.00 or more and/or have 19 or more overdue items)
- Your account is expired or restricted
Can I Pay For a Fine Online?
Yes - First, log in to your account and then select Account Activity. You can pay for the fine with a credit card.